Friday, May 13, 2016

Heading Back

I am getting very excited for an upcoming trip to Poland later this month, and it has been ages since I have been surrounded by the great people and energy that this land has to offer. These are times of much confusion in Poland, as well as throughout Europe, as refugees from many U. S. foreign policy failures attempt to make landfall throughout the European continent.

One of the things I am looking forward to is seeing this firsthand. Misinformation abounds not only on this topic but on many other political and societal topics. Mainstream media says that this is a humanitarian crisis, but the information coming out of Europe from alternate news sources and some friends is that this is more of an invasion than an international social crisis. But which is it? This isn’t my purpose of going there, but I do look forward to seeing these things to get a sense for what really is happening.

Most importantly, I am looking forward to a possible visit to Kraków, as well as seeing friends and family from the last trip there. I have a feeling that there will days and nights filled with laughing, food, drink, and who knows what else.  

So there will be some of the similar posts from my last long trip to Poland in regards to what I have seen and experienced, the fun that was had, etc. But there will also be some reporting slipped in regarding some of the many crisis’s that are ongoing in this part of the world, with the intention of providing some real talk and real observations that have not been concocted or swept under the rug by government and media outlets.

I cannot wait to post my first installment, sometime during the week of Memorial Day (or Mother’s Day week in Poland).  Photos will be posted, though I’m not exactly how I will be doing this just yet (using this site vs. staging somewhere else, or just a Facebook album).


If there is anything that interests you, let me know and I will try to cover it as best as I can. 

No comments:

Post a Comment